- Open the doors that will altar the course of your destiny.
- Pull the covers off of the enemy’s antics; and clarify your focus.
- Connect you to a remnant of intercessors whom God will use to impact eternity, and overthrow the kingdom of darkness.
Within our congregation, we began a prayer campaign called the 20 Days of Prayer, on February 5. We are now on Day 11. I cannot say how long I’ve been leading my church (wherever I’ve been) into a period of corporate prayer during some part of the first quarter of the year. But it has never failed to renew my spiritual focus.
These 20 Days of Prayer in our church have, in itself, given me new life and a greater sense of purpose. I am sure it has done and is doing the same for our parishioners.
This year…I’ve implemented a couple of changes that have deepened and intensified this time for me:
1) Jumpstart our days of prayer with a Prayer Institute.
2) Implement a Wednesday weekly, 15-minute prayer call at 6am.
Prayer Call each Wednesday in February at 6am….
Call-in number: 605-472-5649
Access Code: 266809
3) Commit 1 hour to privately/personally pray on our daily emphasis, outside of my regular prayer time.
4) Put legs on my prayers, as God speaks. I’m excited about what God is doing behind the scenes in our congregation, to make our congregation greater.
Today, as a congregation, Shiloh is praying for all of the endeavors of Shiloh this year; that God would bless our efforts, and the work of our hands.
I’m praying for the Lord to give us a heart, mind and spirit to work and execute His plan, power, purpose and provision for optimum results and impact.
God has revealed so much to me personally as we’ve refocused our attention on the priority of prayer. It even seems surreal when you commit to “JUST PRAY”, the things God will say to you as you tune in your spiritual ears to Him. When you renew your spiritual focus, He will show you things you’ve missed because of daily routine, perfunctory tasks, constant challenge and the like.
When we do it His way (fasting and prayer)….it is so refreshing.
On another note, yesterday we received word of another senseless at a high school in Parkland, Florida. 17 are reported dead. This breaks my heart, as I think of my own children, family members and the precious young people I Pastor. May the Lord call ALL of us to our knees in PRAYER. The only way things begin to change in this regard is through prayer, repentance and then action. Otherwise, the senselessness will continue.
May you find the strength you need now, to make it through. I pray you will find joy for the journey.